A typical staff component for a bigger facility:
- Typist / receptionist, clerk /
- Handyman / groundsman
- Cleaners, machine operators
- Leaders / course presenters / coaches
Consider investing in training programmes
and / or refresher courses for your staff, it will also assist
in keeping them motivated. Consult with them
beforehand and establish their trainirg needs
before embarking on what could be an expensive exercise in
improving their skills. It is of the utmost
importance to have programme presenters that
are creative in their presentations, are
"people people" and that honestly enjoy working with their programme
participants. No amount of money can undo
negative perceptions created by leaders who do not have people skills and who ignore the needs of their clientele.
- When assigning your staff certain duties, there are a few issues to bear in mind:
- Consult with them before drafting the working schedule.
- Make allowance for time off after long stretches on duty.
- Alternate duties between staff members. This will keep them interested
and motivated to do their work.